1 cup Moong
1 Onion paste
1 Tomato paster
Finely chopped coriander
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
To create sprouted Moong.
1. Wash and soak moong in plenty of water for 8-10 hours.
2. Wash and drain. Tie in the muslin cloth loosely.
3. Twist corners together and place in a covered vessel for 15-18 hours.
4. Sprinkle water over it from time to time to keep the cloth moist.
5. When the sprout begin to peep through the muslin, empty into the vessel.
6. To grow them very long, sprinkle some water.
7. Wash cloth and cover them keeping it moist.
8. Cover cloth with a lid. Keep aside for 5-6 hours.
9. Wash, drain and use as required.
- Blanch the sprouted moong in just enough boiling water along with salt for 5-6 mins.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafetida powder.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric powder and garlic. Add the onion paster and stir. Fry till it go translucent.
- Add the cooked sprouts (along with water), tomato paste, chilli powder, garam sugar and salt. Stir and cover the pan with a lid for 5 mins.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice on top, garnish with coriander. Serve warm.
Preparation Time: 45 mins