1 cup finely grated Cabbage
2-3 tbsp ginger-garlic-green chili paste
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds or powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
4 tbsp Besan
2 tbsp Jowar Flour or Thalipeeth bhajni (Optional)
Salt to taste
- Mix cabbage, ginger-garlic-green chili paste, cumin seeds (or powder), turmeric powder, besan, jowar flour and salt together.
- Add bit of water as needed and mix well. Grated cabbage already emits moisture, hence don't add much water.
- Grease a cooker pan with oil and spread the mixture evenly in it.
- Cool inside the pressure cooker without whistle for approximately 10-15 min.
- Let it stand and settle down for about 30 min.
- Cut it into square of 3cm x 3cm.
Deep fry in oil.
Shallow fry on a frying pan to get a golden brown color (I did this way)
Like a dhokla, temper oil with mustard & cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves.
Spread it all over the vadis & garnish with coriander and/or grated coconut.
Makes 8-10 vadis
Preparation Time: 20 min (Excluding standing time)