2 cups grated Carrots
1/2 cup peas
4 tbsp roasted peanuts coarse powder (Danyacha koot in Marathi)
1-2 green chillies finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 tsp sugar (optional in case carrots are sweet)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp Asafoetida/Hing
2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp goda masala
3-4 tbsp Oil
Coriander finely chopped
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add cumin, mustard seeds. After they splutter, add asafoetida, turmeric and green chillies. Fry till chillies change colour.
- Now add Carrot and peas and sauté well for 3-4 min. Sprinkle little water and cook covered on low flame for next 5 min.
- Remove the lid and add goda masala and roasted peanuts powder. Its better to have coarse powder to get good taste and feel while eating.
- Mix well. If the mixture becomes very dry, sprinkle little water and cook covered again for 2 min.
- Switch off the flame, garnish with coriander and serve hot with chapati or bhakri.