September 14, 2010

Veg Lollipops

There has been a long gap since I made some chamchameet starter. Mainly because I have (or had??) become calorie conscious these days. But today, the foodie in me tempted me to make these crispy and yummy lollipops.

Veg Lollipop 003 

Ingredients:
1 cup - finely grated carrot, cabbage and finely chopped green bell peppers

1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
Handful coriander leaves chopped
1 tsp rice flour
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp roasted maida (or more)
Red chilli powder (to taste)
Garam masala (to taste)
Salt (to taste)

Oil for frying
Toothpicks for garnishing (optional)

Method:

  1. Apply salt on to the grated-chopped vegetables and set aside for 10 minutes.
  2. After 10 minutes, drain off water emitted by vegetables using a muslin cloth. (Do not throw this water, it can be used as a vegetable stock in soups, curries)
  3. Transfer the water-drained vegetables into mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients except oil. Mix well.
  4. Since the vegetables are already moist, there is not need to add excess water. Divide the mixture into 6-7 equal parts.
  5. The mixture consistency should be such that when you try forming a lollipop, it should bind together and should not be sticky.
  6. Make oval shaped balls and deep fry in oil till colour changes to dark brown and crust becomes crispy.
  7. Insert toothpick into each fried lollipop and serve hot with ketchup.

Veg Lollipop 002

Bookmark and Share

5 comments:

Vikram said...

Believe me..
They were really yummy!!
What a delicious way to greet husband in the evening when he comes back from a hectic day!

Sweetkad said...

Looks yummy and m all set to try it. Will let u know how it turned out.

Tanmaya Kulkarni said...

Thanks Sweetkad.. you are welcome to Chamchameet :)
Do let me know how it came out.

Cheers,
Tanmaya

Bharti said...

Hi Tanmaya,I read ur Capsicum with Besan..When to add Besan? I read twice but I cant see it anywhere..In pic i can see some tomatoes but in ur recipe its not mentioned? But the Pic is superb..I will surely try it..

Tanmaya Kulkarni said...

Hi Bharati,

Thanks for visiting the blog first of all. And also thanks for pointing out the mistake. Its added at the same point when we add the salt/sugar, etc. I have correct it now.

Regarding the red colour - its not tomatoes, it due to red capsicum. I have added them just to give nice colour to the dish.

Hope this helps...do let me know how it turned out.

Cheers,
Tanmaya

Related Posts with Thumbnails